Sunday, September 29, 2013

Smh... I don't know what else to do...



SO, we went by the house today excited about seeing more progress. There were no workers around so we decided to sneak a peak inside. Framing is completely done now, the roof is on, AC ducts have been installed, plumbing has started.. not sure if they have completed it yet.

Although we are happy about the progress, we have found several mistakes. First, remember that extra window that was in the master bathroom? The one that was for a different bathroom layout that was patched up? Well, unfortunately the square footage in the bedroom was suppose to increase with the bathroom layout we have. It has not. So, they patched the window hole but did not move the wall. Pics posted below to explain it better.  We also noticed that the plumbing in the master bath was only on one side of the shower. We should have two shower heads, one on each side.

Incorrect layout with smaller master bedroom, note the extra window in the master bath

Correct layout with larger master bedroom

Last but not least. We are suppose to have the upgraded 30 year warranty roof shingles. This is a photo of some leftover shingles that was laying on the ground.  


The hubby is pretty pissed and so am I. This is too many mistakes to be so early in the progress. Now they have to move walls, patch holes, and redo plumbing and AC ducts... That may mean closing later.... Smh... We have requested a meeting with our PM at the house ASAP. I don't want to feel like I am bothering him but we keep finding things!




16 comments:

  1. That is so annoying! They should credit you for the shingles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually told us that we have both 30 and 20 year shingle for different parts of the roof. So that is one less thing to worry about.

      Delete
    2. wait...what? That makes NO sense! Have him prove it to you

      Delete
  2. I hope they fix it soon and get back on track. That's so annoying when big things like that go wrong.. I'm surprised the PM didn't catch it before you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so am I. He seemed very knowledgeable and detail oriented when we met him during the pre-construction meeting. Hopefully he was just having a bad week.

      Delete
  3. He should have caught these things! It should be on the blue prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He should have caught these things! It should be on the blue prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Especially since we brought this up to him more than a week ago! I understand that mistakes are made, but it should be worth at least looking into when the buyer brings up a problem.

      Delete
  5. Wow - to have the whole square footage on your bedroom wrong is a pretty big RH "oops" this early on! I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I'm hoping for your sake they fix is quickly and you can just enjoy the rest of your building process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, so am I. We set up a meeting at the house with him on Wednesday so I will let you know how its going.

      Delete
  6. Hang in there! Thank goodness you are on TOP of your GAME! This is the reason I stayed so close to our build too! The good thing is that you are still in the framing process and this can be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! The word verification is OFF! I will check to see what updates they may have done with the followers button. I do know that they have a google followers button that requires google. But the old followers button not sure. Will check it out.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes I feel like I am a bother to my PM and SR. :( I don't want to be, I just want things done right.

      Delete
    3. Don't ever feel that way that you are bugging him. Your house is only going to be built once and you want it to be done correctly in additional to the money that you are paying to get in the house and the monthly payment each month for the next 30 years. Stay on TOP of your GAME! It's better this way or you will be living in a home that you will be discontent with in the long run.

      Delete
  7. I wouldn't feel bad about being the squeaky wheel! We've found that he's the PM on enough houses that things may slip through the cracks. We do try to be mindful about when we call, text, or email. We've had multiple issues throughout our build, but thankfully nothing major.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BE YOUR OWN PM! Had you NOT caught that before they started to drywall there would have been NOTHING they would do about it and would have had to compensate you in other ways, these PM rely on the framers to get it right!! They dont have time to micromanage, so keep up the good work, we see this kind of stuff all the time in our neighborhood! One house they made the garage way to small, it was not caught in time and now they have a super small garage!!!

    We asked our PM to meet us out at the house many many times during the build, he was always happy to come!

    BTW, I always knew the front of my home was missing something, I even asked, PM said NO nothing is missing, 2 months after in home, it was still bugging me, I went to my SR and asked for a pic of my eleveation............well.............they forgot the transom window about door!!! So things get missed even after you ask, so keep educating yourself!!

    dwtimes2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete