Saturday, October 26, 2013

Slowly but surely...

I am proud to say that I have been very patient in waiting for the missing louver to be installed. Today when I drove by, 1.5 weeks later, it was fixed!!!! So now the brick is complete. :) They have also installed the siding and shutters and completed the first coat of paint. I was not very happy about the 'cool platinum' color before but I must admit, it looks good. :) They also started installing the cabinets. The company that installed them damaged our drywall but we were assured that would be fixed. They also started on our flooring. It is really coming together!  :)

This was a pleasant surprise! They also delivered some appliances


Looks bad right....


Countertops hanging out in the garage for now


Peek-a-boo! Hardwood in powder room!

View from the front door, kitchen to far left


Master bedroom, color not bad right?


This is how it looks now!!!! Sorry about the sun glare

Close-up of the repair. The mortar is still wet

This is the view from the street. I love it!

10 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Looking good. I can't wait to see the cabinets and countertops together. We are building a Palermo (signed Purchase Agreement last week) and I'm leaning towards the dolce vita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I can't wait either! My husband chose the countertops so fingers crossed! He usually has a good eye for things like this. Congratulations on your new home! Happy building!

      Delete
  2. Aww side entrance garage, that was a dream of mine that was NOT filfulled!! Looks so awesome. Your land looks very private. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The side entry garage was actually a community requirement so gratis!

      Delete
  3. Looks good with the decorative louver fixed!! They are moving along quickly! How long did your drywall take before they installed cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drywall actually took longer to dry than it should have due to a rainy week so it took about a week. They actually installed them before they painted. I was hoping to have it the other way around... Oh well, I am just glad they are in!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous counter tops. Can't wait to see them and the cabinets together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! The messed up drywall would make me crazy too. Hope they fixed it to your satisfaction.

    Love your elevation and brick. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete